Court records are public unless restricted by Statute, Court Rule, or Local Administrative Order. Trial Court records may be viewed at the main office of Clerk of the Court-Court Services.
Requests to obtain copies of court documents may be made as follows:
1. Small Requests: up to 30 pages are completed while you wait
2. Large Requests: over 30 pages are completed within 10 days
1. Please fill out completely and mail in the Trial Court Records Request Form along with:
2. Self-addressed stamped envelope
3. Check—made out to “Washtenaw County Trial Court” with amount to be filled in
· Over the phone with credit card payment – requests must include the following:
1. Case number (if not known, please follow the above instructions for a Name search)
2. Name of parties
3. Document requested and date listed on case Register of Actions
4. Whether it needs to be certified
For any questions, please contact the Records Department at (734) 222-3024. The Records Department, located on the first floor of the Washtenaw County Trial Court, is open Monday through Friday from 8:00-4:30. Please note that Court Staff are unable to provide any case information over the phone.